Friday, December 23, 2005

Where to Go

I feel God seeking me, wanting to pull me out of my shell, wanting to give me the abundant life, if only I'd follow him. I have a new understanding of God, that he truly wants to satisfy our dreams, just not the way we might think it should go. But that's the beauty of surrender, it's not because I wanted it, but because He is good and gives me grace. I'm so thankful for grace. My mom has been extremely depressed for about six years now. She's struggled with it her whole life, but I know that there is grace out there for her, I'm less sad. I know God loves her, just like she is, dysfunctional and messy. So what some of us can cover those parts of ourselves up better, we are all dysfunctional and messy, aren't we? I have hope that God will do amazing things in her life and my mindset is changing from one of resignation to one of hope. She's never felt good enough, but she is. And I know I'm supposed to do music, travel, and cook. I pray that I will become unparalyzed and move forward.

No comments: