Friday, May 28, 2010

Moving On

Gosh why does moving on have to be so dang hard. It just is. Life happens in waves that bring you closer or farther to someone, something, or God. I had a wave today. I met with a friend of my ex. I always clicked with this girl, something about her screamed that she was real. I met with her today, having not seen her in forever. And we talked and of course the topic changed to him. And at the end (she's no longer friends with him) we just realized that we felt sad for him and just wanted to pray for him. Apparently he's in some new relationship with a unitarian. All I could think was that he found someone to have sex with since she's not a christian. The weirder thing was that I thought about him last night during life group. I told my christian friends about it. I felt honestly that God wanted me to reconcile with him, as in get back together some how. Of course my immediate internal reaction was HELL NO. I wonder if it's just my brain playing tricks on me or if it's the enemy. I just thought it could be Satan whispering this shit in my ears. Well dang, because my good sense says to stay away from the deeply distraught young man. I will pray for him but unless God tells me and another Christian that I trust confirms it, I will not budge. And right when I got home I had an email from her. Weird. Maybe God wanted me to see that it was a lie. And maybe reconnecting with her was what I really needed to do, perhaps God was protecting me. I'm sad that they are no longer friends. And that he tried the whole we should date thing with her, how insulting if you don't really mean it. I feel so sad about him. I guess this is part of moving on.

No comments: